Proquest News Stand
Overview: Access the most influential and well-respected news resources from around the globe FREE using ProQuest Newsstand™ and your Daphne Public Library card!
Key U.S. national titles include:
- New York Times (backfile to 1980)
- Wall Street Journal (backfile to 1984)
- Washington Post (backfile to 1987)
- Los Angeles Times (backfile to 1985)
- Chicago Tribune (backfile to 1985)
International titles include:
- The Straits Times (backfile to 1995)
- The Guardian (backfile to 1996)
- Financial Times (backfile to 1996)
- Globe and Mail (backfile to 1977)
- The Age (backfile to 1996)
- The Hindu (backfile to 1996)
- El Mundo (backfile to 2008)
- Toronto Star (backfile to 1985)
ProQuest offers exclusive access to the academic and public library markets for the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and co-exclusive access (with Factiva) to the Wall Street Journal. ProQuest also offers one of the largest collections of local and regional newspapers available. Some of the regional titles are available as separate stand-alone subscriptions.
ProQuest is the exclusive provider in the library market for Gannett newspapers which comprise 85 US regional newspapers and offers 7 Gannett military newspapers on a non-exclusive basis (see Gannett section below).
International coverage is one of ProQuest’s strengths with one of the largest collections of news resources from Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Australia including The Guardian, The Hindu, El Norte, and the Jerusalem Post